Some look back over the year gone by to see what they achieved. I think that’s a good idea.
So, for 2016:
- Celebrated 18 years of marriage.
- Earned 12 credits toward my MFA for a total of 18 credits, 23 to go. (Accomplished one of my goals from January 2016!)
- Accepted to and attended Viable Paradise XX. Met fabulous people and learned a lot. (Accomplished one of my goals from January 2016!)
- Saw my first publication credit, “Satyrday Night Special,” which was put up at Teleport Magazine. Link: https://www.teleportmagazine.com/2016/12/06/satyrday-night-special/
- Rewrote the first three chapters of the novel. I’ve been brainstorming a lot for world-building. (Did not meet goal of finishing.)
- Submitted various short stories for a total of 11 submissions. (Accomplished another of my goals from January 2016!)
So, for 2017, my goals are:
- Celebrate 19 years of marriage.
- Earn at least 6 credits toward MFA.
- Apply to Odyssey.
- See more publication credits.
- Complete novel and send out to revision editor to make plot as strong as possible. (Completion was a goal in January 2016, let’s see what I can make happen in 2017.)
- Submit various short stories.
We’ll see how all this plays out next year. I’d also like to make a few other changes, but still need to firm up some things to see if they’re possible in 2017. I figure six goals are a good start!